Monday, March 8, 2010

spaghetti squash with sun dried tomato sauce

Dinner tonight was easy, delicious, and so healthy. I'm also getting better at just using up the odds and ends of the ingredients in my kitchen, and am shopping less often.

Oven! 350.
Ingredients (serves 2 hungry people)
1 spaghetti squash, cut in half and gutted.. ha. ahh. I entertain myself.
1 yellow onion, chopped
4-5 sun dried tomatoes (I only had dried ones - not ones that come in oil.. so I ground them down to a powder in my coffee grinder. If you're using ones with some moisture left, then just finely dice them)
5-6 cloves of garlic, minced (why not)
I don't know how many tbsp of olive oil.. sorry.
fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped for garnish

1. Cut squash in half, and scoop out the seeds. Place in a pan open side up, with a 1/2 inch of water, and cover with foil. Bake for about 35-40 minutes.

2. Dice onion, and saute for almost 10 minutes in olive oil.. then add the garlic, the sun dried tomatoes, and more olive oil if necessary. I added water here as well, then kept it hot until it was the consistency I wanted.

3. Remove squash from oven, scrape out the spaghetti with a fork, top with sauce, then garnish with fresh oregano. It's just one of the two herb plants that survived through the winter in my kitchen. . . I can't wait for more fresh herbs!

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment