Wednesday, March 10, 2010

simple rice, steamed veggies, and peanut sauce

Here was my lunch.. well, half of it. I ate two plates. But I guess the plate was really small. So - one plate. ok. Never mind.
There are 3 parts to this recipe. The rice, the veggies, and the sauce. I admit that the peanut sauce I used was bought from the store, to save some time, energy, and dishes.

I made a lot of rice ahead of time - so I'd have leftovers for quick meals like this. Then I steamed whatever I had.. Today it was: kale, carrot, yellow onion, and broccoli. And finally, I topped it all with San-J's Thai Peanut Sauce. mmmm.

Here's the soaked rice (adapted from Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions) 6-8 servings
2 cups of rice (I used a mix of wild and brown rice)
4 cups warm filtered water plus 4 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil

Place rice and warm water and lemon juice in a flameproof casserole and leave in a warm place for at least 7 hours. Bring to a boil, skim, reduce heat, stir in salt and oil, then cover tightly. Without removing lid, cook over lowest possible heat for about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment