Sunday, March 14, 2010

feast!! roasted carrots, wild rice, wild caught cod, asparagus + vegan creamy lemon dill sauce

I enjoyed a feast tonight, at friend's Mikey and D's home.. man.. it was so GOOD. Or as they would say in Italia, "po po po po.." (those are short "o" sounds, by the way)

The cod was placed in a baking dish with the quartered carrots, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Then covered with foil, and baked for 30-35 mintues at.. guess? yes. 350.

The rice was leftover from earlier this week, and just warmed back up.

The asparagus was steamed then topped with a delicious creamy lemon dill sauce.. which I will tell you about now. The recipe kind of came from here. But as I was making it - I added 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, instead of 1 tsp... oops. So I fixed it by adding more lemon juice, more water, more garlic powder, herbamare, and dill.. and finally - to make it totally amazing - I added a few shakes of powdered lemon peel and about a tbsp of honey.
So.. sorry I can't give you the exact recipe just yet - but please use The Spunky Coconut's version for now, until I post exactly what I did differently. You can always just keep tasting it and adding your own touch.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment