Thursday, April 29, 2010

lamb and morels. best lunch ever.

Today, I ate the best lunch ever. My friend Paul found morels on his new farmland, and we bartered - some graphic design work for these delicious wild things. I love bartering.
I didn't save them for a special dinner party.. I didn't share them at all actually.. It was my first time even trying them - and they were SO GOOD! ah!

The other best part of my lunch was some grass-fed lamb that I get from Susie, the lamb lady at the Columbia farmers market. She makes different pre-seasoned packs of ground meat - this one is the gyro style. I don't buy "convenient" foods normally.. but I am completely ok with this one.

Well, I guess fruits and vegetables are pretty convenient.. and so is chocolate.. I've been eating a lot of good chocolate lately. It helps me work when I don't want to.

So! Here's what I did to prepare lunch:

-Soak morels in salt water for some hours to get rid of the bugs..
-Chop veggies (I had some leaves of kale and a zucchini)
-Mince garlic (I think I added 4 cloves.. yes. for 1 serving)
-Make patties out of ground lamb meat

In a big pan, sauté morels, veggies, and garlic in a lot of olive oil for 5-7 minutes.
In a different smaller pan, place the lamp patties and cook for a minute on each side.

Done! YUM! I want it again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment