Thursday, April 22, 2010

banana chips

Bananas were about to go bad so they were on sale.. and I could only freeze so many. It's cram time for school - just 1 1/2 weeks before the end of classes.. and I'm totally into snack food right now. Here's a super sweet (crazy how my taste buds have changed), chewy/crunchy treat.. It's almost too sweet.. for me.

Ingredients:
Bananas (super ripe)
lemon juice
A dehydrator (or oven with super low setting)

-Peel the banana.
-Slice the banana into 1/4-inch(ish) pieces.
-Place the banana slices in a bowl of lemon or pineapple juice for about 5 minutes. (This helps prevent the bananas from turning brown. It will not affect the taste.)
-Place the banana chips into a food dehydrator. Be sure the bananas are not touching. (I also recommend lining the dehydrator with parchment paper.. it took me a long time to remove the banana chips when they were done.
-Dry on medium heat for 12 to 24 hours until they are pliable. Turn off the dehydrator and leave the chips on the trays to cool.

Enjoy on the go, in your lunch box, after dinner.. or stick a few in your jacket pocket to forget about until tomorrow. Is that gross? Hope not. That's what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment