Sunday, October 25, 2009

spring rolls! in the fall..

Spring rolls are so easy, delicious, healthy, inexpensive, and attractive.. it's awesome. I didn't make my own dip this time - but I'll fill you in when I do.

Here's what you need:
Spring roll skin (rice flour paper)
Rice noodles (the super skinny white ones)
Vegetables (I used shredded carrots, cucumber, and lettuce)
Fresh herbs (Basil or mint are good ideas)
Anything else you want to wrap. Don't hold back..
and the dipping sauce.


1. Pour hot water over the noodles, and let them sit for 3 minutes. Strain.
2. Use that hot water for the dipping of the rice paper.
3. Dip rice paper in warm water for 1 or 2 seconds, then put it on your plate.
4. Fill it with whatever you wish..
5. Roll it! (How to roll it up)
6. Dip it!
7. Eat it!

I sound like a Daft Punk song..

No comments:

Post a Comment