Tuesday, October 6, 2009

perfect birthday cupcakes

I have to start out by saying, I didn't make these.. my boyfriend did. And he said I could put them on the blog, and it's really only fair - to you - that I do. These are perfect cupcakes for the gluten, sugar, dairy, egg, and soy free birthday girl. or boy :) And as you can see by my many attempts at perfect cupcakes.. it's hard to do!

Oven! 350.

(this makes MORE than 12 regular sized cupcakes.. he made me many mini ones, 22 in fact :)

Cupcakes:

1 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda
a sprinkle of salt
1 cup coconut milk

1/3 cup coconut oil

1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey

1 tbsp apple cider vinegar


Mix the wet ingredients separately from the dry ones. Then mix them together. Spoon batter into mini cupcake pan, fill about 2/3 of the way up. Bake at 350 for aprox. 15 minutes.

The frosting: (makes a TON.. you can decide to cut this recipe down, or just have leftover frosting. Not a crime.)

1/4 cup coconut milk

1/3 cup coconut oil

1/4 cup honey
1 banana

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 crate strawberries


Mix all ingredients over low heat (expect the strawberries!). Blend/puree strawberries separately. Kill the heat. Mix the two together then refrigerate! It need at least 2 hours in the fridge - or I guess you can just put it in the freezer)

No comments:

Post a Comment