1. 1 pound of Alaskan sockeye salmon, fresh, wild caught.. and 1 cedar plank.
2. In a dish, pour 1 tbsp of lemon juice over the fish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then rub with 1 tbsp of olive oil.. let it sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Get the fire ready.. outside. Just in case it wasn't obvious.. and soak the cedar plank in water for an hour too.
4. Put the fish, scale side down on the plank, and put the plank on the grill.. over smoldering coals. (if using an oven or gas, low and slow)
5. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes. The fat should begin oozing out.