Wednesday, February 17, 2010

mung bean fettuccine with creamy garlic cashew sauce

So, I'm up late doing school work.. specifically on a sweet design project, if you must know - and I realized it was 10 and I hadn't eaten dinner! I kind of love when that happens.. because it makes me feel like I'm getting sucked into the design.. but at the same time, I can't just pop a bag of **&@%^$ in the microwave (of which I don't even own) and nourish myself. So I needed something fast and filling.. something that wasn't going to take a lot of peeling and slicing and waiting. (ironic.. because here I am blogging.. but ANYway) I made myself some fettuccine with cream sauce tonight, and it felt almost like regular person food. (I'm not saying regular is good.. who wants to be regular!?)

I had a bag of Organic Mung Bean Fettuccine on hand.. that I bought one extra curious trip to the market, and I made the sauce out of leftover cashew gravy (from last week), olive oil, and garlic.

While the water was boiling then simmering the noodles (the package serves 4.. so I only made a 1/4), I sauteed three cloves of garlic (yes this is for one serving) in a couple teaspoons of olive oil for a minute, then added a couple tablespoons of the pre-made cashew gravy. The gravy was pretty thick, so I added some water to the pan, and simmered down until it was the thickness I wanted.

And yeay! I enjoyed.. I hope you enjoy too. Now back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment