Monday, February 1, 2010

ÄNABAR II (jocalat version)

I just took this photo 3 minutes ago, and there are 3 left on the plate :( I went onto the LÄRABAR website and decided to create my own version of the German Chocolate Cake Jôcolat Bar. I've actually never had one.. but I thought it couldn't be so far off because they gave me the list of ingredients :) So here's my version:

4 big dates
1/3 cup walnuts
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1 oz unsweetened chocolate (dagoba has organic 100% baking chocolate)
1 tbsp cocoa powder (I just got some serious stuff from Penzey's.. a super fun spice shop)

Blend in a food processor, or whatever you use. Blend some more.. until all the ingredients are sticking. Then mold onto some parchment paper into a 1/4"-1/2" slab.
For some reason I baked mine for 20 minutes at 200 degrees.. then realized that I put coconut oil in there.. duh. So I took it out and popped it in the freezer.. until I couldn't stand it any longer. They stayed together the colder they were.. but I have to say taking a taste when it was all melty was pretty awesome.

Serves: depends.. on your self control.

No comments:

Post a Comment