Wednesday, February 24, 2010

carrot and ginger (with mushroom broth) soup

Dinner tonight :) I think I missed cooking.. I went all of.. 10 hours since making my breakfast. Man.. so long.. I've been wanting to make a carrot ginger soup, but I only had 2 carrots, so I just used up what I had in the fridge, and came up with this smooth, savory, and a little spicy and sweet cup of soup. (serves 2)

1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp ginger, super finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/2" pieces
2 cups mushroom broth (or chicken broth or other broth)
1 cup water (or another cup of broth)
big pinch of curry powder
salt & pepper
green onions, chopped for garnish

Heat oil in pot. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and saute for 5-10 minutes. Then add the carrot and broth (and water, if using) and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes on medium heat.
Then puree with an immersion blender (a totally worth it purchase.. if you're looking to get yourself a $30 present). Then add the curry, salt and pepper to taste, serve and top with chopped green onion. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment