Friday, November 13, 2009

chimichurri

Here's a delicious dip/topping for ALL kinds of meat and bread.. This is a recipe from my Argentine grandmother. I used to eat it on a french roll with chorizo as a kid.. and that was amazing. Tonight I made some and ate it on top of some cedar smoked salmon. Not the traditional way to eat chimichurri, but it didn't matter :)

A bunch of parsley (chopped super small)
A 3, or 4, or 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
The juice of a lemon
Salt (to taste)
Oil (I used a mixture of olive and flax seed oils.. but only because I didn't have grape seed oil.. which is what my grandmother uses.)

There are many many chimichurri recipes online.. and I recommend trying them! Have a different recipe every time.. until you find your absolute favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment