Saturday, November 14, 2009

banana newtons

Ready for another dessert that's sugar-free, grain-free, egg-free, dairy-free, soy-free?
This is a twisted version of the Spunky Coconut's
banana bread recipe..
I made them for a dinner party I'm going to tonight.. I'm afraid I only have 1/2 as many left as I meant to bring.. oops! Maybe they won't read this blog :)

Oven! 350.
1 mashed banana
2 "eggs" (aka: 2 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 6 tbsp hot water)
3 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (I used hazelnut meal.. mmm)

Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately, then combine.. stir stir taste stir taste.
This is something you can put in a loaf pan.. but I wanted something more fun, and finger friendly.
So, I put a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and spread this sticky dough out to the thickness I wanted. About 1/2". Pop in the oven for 30 minutes..
Then remove from the oven, and cut into the shapes you desire.. and put it back in the oven for 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment