Monday, November 9, 2009

apple almond butter bites

It's fall :) So here's an apple treat. I love that no honey is needed.. the apple is enough. I admit in advance.. these are a little messy.. They aren't as solid as a conventional cookie.. but hunters and gatherers didn't eat cookies. So. I'm ok with the messiness.

1 smallish apple (sliced super small.. or grated - come to think of it - grated would work way better.. next time!)

1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup shredded coconut

1/4 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp cinnamon

Mix! I found it easier to use my bare hands.. then mush it down into a loaf pan and pop it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Cut it up into any size or shape you'd like :)


I realize this is just a tasty mix of good ingredients.. and it doesn't really matter what you do with it. You can put it on top of a crust and bake it.. you can eat it with a spoon out of the bowl - like charoset.. or like the way I eat almond butter.. which is the same. with a spoon. But the frozen bites are a little classier. Or.. you can mix all the ingredients together minus the apple and serve it as a dip or a spread, with the apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment