Monday, August 31, 2009

sugar and gluten free vegan cupcakes. try me.


I couldn't decide on the picture. It's 1 in the morning.. this is ridiculous.
So - I got the recipe that I majorly tweaked from the vegan cupcake cookbook.. and honestly, these taste more like cornbread than a cupcake.. even though there is no corn. Probably because of the quinoa powder. So I think a better topping than chocolate would be a fruit preserve.. and that would be even healthier. :)
I'll give you the recipe for these cupcakes, then you decide which frosting you'd desire.
If I were you, and could have grass-fed butter.. that would be my choice.
Here we go: (I'll just tell you what I used... don't be afraid to substitute things in this recipe for things you have instead.. I just used what I already had in the house... because it's 1 in the morning.)

Oven! 350.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup almond milk
1/6 cup :) sorry about that. I 1/2-ed the recipe.. enjoy my measurements and welcome to my brain. ok - anyway, so 1/6 cup coconut oil.
3/8 cup mix of maple syrup and brown rice syrup.
1 and some tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
1/6 cup almond flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt :)

1. Mix almond milk, coconut oil (melted), maple syrup/brown rice syrup, and vanilla extract.
2. Add tapioca flour and flax seed. Mix mix mix
3. Add the almond flour, rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix more! You can't over mix it - because there's no gluten!
4. Fill mini cupcakes 3/4 (it should make about 20 little guys)
5. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let them cool!!

Make up your own frosting. I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment