Friday, August 21, 2009

mini meat muffins! 3 points in scattegories.

I'm comfortable baking, and getting inventive with fish and veggies, but I'm definitely a beginner when it comes to meat. I got this idea from my aunt.. and put my own egg-less twist on it.
When they came out of the oven, I couldn't help myself to enough of them. I agree that they need a more appetizing name, but if the name keeps people away from them - all the more for me!

Mini Meat Muffins.. or mini meat loafs.
or 3m. Yeah. that's it. 3M. because they can stick together - even without eggs! yeay!
OK, my dorkiness is going to quit it and just give you the recipe:

1 lb grass-fed ground beef
any diced veggies you want (I put in 1/2 a yellow onion, 1/2 a regular sized zucchini, and a spicy pepper, two garlic cloves)
1/4 cup vegetable broth
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp salt
pinch of pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder (or just use more garlic)

Mix all the ingredients and stuff into a mini muffin pan (it will fill 24 minis)
I garnished the tops of them with some dried rosemary.
Pop it in a preheated to 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
Done!

Now I have a supply in the fridge, and can easily heat a couple up to get some good meat in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment