Thursday, September 17, 2009

savory summer squash soup

I'm on a soup kick. The fast didn't last me long.. but I'm going to stick with soups for a while. It's the closest thing to fasting.. if you don't eat anything else. But. That's not the case here. I'm not motivated enough yet. If you're reading this blog in order. Don't make the fasting/healing soup.. make this one instead.

Serves 3-4

3 small onions (quartered.. it doesn't matter how you cut your veggies..)
1 carrot (cut)
2 tbs olive oil
6 small summer squash (cut)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
3 cups water
1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp sea salt

Cut up the carrot and onions, put them in a big pot with the oil and cover. Cook for 10 minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for a while.. 15 minutes or more, until you can stick a fork easily through the squash.
Blend the soup to a pulp.. My immersion blender is on its way - so I had to transfer it all by ladle and bowl to my food processor..

Done! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment