Saturday, September 5, 2009

italian eggplant

I got this recipe from one of my William Sonoma cookbooks. I went through a cookbook-shopping-spree-on-amazon phase, and this was one of those finds for 50 cents, plus $3.99 for shipping. Now I have too many cookbooks, but they make me so happy..

Oven! 350. They say 400 - but I say, when you're cooking with olive oil - keep it at 350 or below. Here's a link that talks about oils, their health benefits and a temperature guide line.
1/3 cup olive oil
2 globe eggplants
2 tbsp parsley
1 tsp thyme
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 clove minced garlic

Rub a grill grate with olive oil.
Cut eggplants lengthwise into 1/2" thick slices. Brush both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown and crisp about 9 minutes. Turn and grill on second side about 5 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside.
Mix remaining ingredients in a shallow baking dish. Add the warm eggplant and let it stand for 1 hour. Then flip and give them one more hour. Serve at room temp.

No comments:

Post a Comment