Sunday, June 20, 2010

restaurant review - candle 79

Candle 79 is an organic, vegan restaurant on the upper east side of Manhattan. My friends and I splurged on this meal - but we were on vacation. There are no restaurants like this, probably in the whole state of Missouri, so it was worth it :)

The entree I got doesn't seem to be on the menu, maybe it was a special of the day. I got a Moroccan spiced chickpea pate over root vegetables with broccoli, with a dollop of special date paste and almonds.

Their drink menu was really fun too - especially since I cut alcohol from my diet. I got the homemade ginger ale, made from: fresh ginger, agave, sparkling water, lime, and mint.
MMMM!

Check out their menu for some fun ideas..

1 comment:

  1. o.m.g.
    this looks and sounds incredible!!! There are a ton of vegan joints in LA, but I don't know if any serve something as fancy as this! I will be on the search now!

    ReplyDelete