Sunday, January 31, 2010

rosemary roasted pepitas

I set out to make a pumpkin pie version of the cake you've been seeing over and over.. and I used sweet rice flour instead of regular brown rice flour - and it ended up being more of a bread pudding than a cake. My guests liked it - but I don't think you'll be seeing it on the blog. So, anyway - I had a pumpkin.. and here's what I did with the seeds.

I followed the Nourishing Gourmet's recipe, and they were simply fantastic. Thanks Kimi!

Oven! 350.

And I quote:
"2 cups of pumpkin seeds (or nut/seed of choice)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely minced [I had to used dry]
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Plenty of freshly ground pepper"

Wash your pumpkin seeds and dry them as well as you can.. if you're using them straight from their source. Otherwise mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or simply on a large sheet pan, until everything is evenly coated.

Place them in the oven and check them every 5 minutes to stir them up.. This should not take longer than 15 minutes at 350 degrees. I took mine out, spread them on a plate covered in paper towels to soak up some of the oil and let them cool.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment