Sunday, January 3, 2010

chicken soup and hanukkah gifts

Thank you Emily for the awesome engraved cutting board, which you will be seeing over and over in posts from now on.. and thank you to my aunt Allie for the cute new soup bowl :) They knew just what I wanted!

Lately, I've been eating A LOT of chicken soup.. but there are so many different versions; I can never get tired of it - and certainly neither does my digestive system. Today's version consisted of:

2 cloves of garlic
1 shallot
1/2 a red bell pepper

In a big iron pan, I
sauteed the veggies while thawing out one serving of chicken broth from the freezer. After 8 minutes or so, once the veggies were giving off the right aroma, I added the chicken broth and let it simmer together for a few more minutes.

Done. The most nourishing meal in 10 minutes. I'll remember that next time I complain about picking bones out of an 18 hour chicken broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment