Tuesday, December 8, 2009

i miss jam + toast

So - I made some crackers.. with a variation of the bread used for the breakfast of the hypoallergenic gods.

It's actually the exact same recipe, but I was running low on almond flour, so I used 1/2 a cup of that plus 1/4 cup of hazelnut meal. And I left the oil out.. so they'd be more cracker-like. I rolled the dough a little flatter than last time, and baked them at 350 for 20 minutes. These held together much better than last time, and I think it's because they were more like thick crackers than biscuit bread.

A minute after they came out of the oven, I indulged myself by eating half of them with St Dalfour's Red Raspberry & Pomegranate fruit spread. mmmm.. The recipe makes about 14 crackers.

1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup hazelnut meal
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 coconut flour
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk - you can use water if you don't have nut milk.
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Mix the flours, then add the milk and vinegar and mix until just combined. Let it sit for 20 minutes or so..

Oven! 350.
then, add:
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 heaping tsp salt

Fold the new ingredients into the dough until thoroughly incorporated.. Then roll it out. I used parchment paper because I don't have a nice counter top. And cut into the shapes you desire..
Place the raw biscuits on a cookie sheet and pop them in the oven for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment