Sunday, May 9, 2010

coconut curry soup

I think I'm turning out more recipes during this week of craziness (I'm graduating from MU on Friday) than I was over the summer.. I specifically start to prepare a simple dinner, knowing I don't have extra time for something special.. then all of a sudden, my creative juices start to flow - and I end up with something seriously delicious! Like this soup.. I think it also has something to do with not shopping for a specific recipe, but just having good ingredients around - so I am forced to make due with what I have. And when I am left with fewer options, I get very creative. Kind of like squeezing out a new awesome outfit from my closet when I really need to do laundry - and I don't think I have anything left to wear.

So! Bet you're wondering how to make this soup.. It's easy..

Gather (these are the ingredients for 1 bowl! - maybe 2 cups if you're having it as a side)
1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin and organic are implied)
2 tsp coconut oil (extra virgin and organic are implied)
1/2 onion, diced
1 handful of chopped spinach
1/4 cup whole coconut milk
1 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp green onion, chopped
1/4 tsp curry powder
1 dash of salt

In big pan, sauté the onions in the two oils until they are translucent, then add the curry powder. mix. Next add the chopped spinach and sauté for a couple minutes.
Pour in the coconut milk and broth, and add the green onion, and simmer until it's the perfect temperature. Salt to taste :)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment