Saturday, November 21, 2009

delicious avocado soup

I got this recipe from a book called The Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book. There are many recipes in there that I don't even have to alter at all to fit into the Hunt & Gather thing I'm on right now..

Page 206..
This recipe is ridiculously easy, extremely fast, and soo yummy. (oh, and healthy too? It just doesn't get better than this.)

2 medium ripe avocados
2 cups almond milk
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp ground giner
1/2 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, minced

Mash avocados in a pan. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well then blend!
This soup tastes delicious hot, warm, room, or cold..
I topped mine with some smoked paprika and a tortilla that I brushed with olive oil, sliced, and popped in the oven for a few minutes until crispy.. Use whatever kind of tortilla fits within the confines of your diet - there are so many different kinds!
Enjoy! (Serves 3-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment